Saturday, April 23, 2011

Figure Studies

These are a few of my latest attempts at figure drawing. The first is a basic nude, and as you look at it you can probably make out the block-in steps that I took . The second is from a sketch today at the Nelson-Atkins museum, from a painting by Joachim Wtewael.
I've recently been taking tips from the blog http://scottssketchbook.blogspot.com/ by Scott Waddell. This is a great blog with a few youtube videos of simple lessons on figure drawing and anatomy.
More paintings to come soon! I've been experimenting a lot with paint lately, and have been having an interesting balance of problems and solutions along the way. I'm hoping to do a few more painting studies, and perhaps a larger scale painting using some of the more sketchy, spontaneous scumble techniques I used in my Velázquez copy of Infanta Margarita. We'll see how it goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment