Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Blue Springs Art Show

It's that time again... Those of you in the KC area, mark your calendars:


Due to the limited space, they only allow each artist to display two works.  This year, I'll be showing my portrait of Juan de Pareja after Velázquez's masterpiece, and The Artist, my latest self-portrait.  We'll see if I get a Best-of-Show prize yet from this exhibition.  This will be my third time exhibiting at the Blue Springs show, so I'm due for one.
In any case, it's an interesting show.  For those planning to attend, I would encourage you to come on Saturday, as they will be handing out ballots for you to vote on the "People's Choice" artwork, which will be awarded later that evening.  Your support with that would be greatly appreciated!  All Best-of-Shows, 1st place, and People's Choice winners will have their works displayed at Blue Springs City Hall for the following couple of weeks after the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment