Thursday, January 17, 2013

You are invited...

...to come and see two of my newest paintings at the 2013 Blue Springs Art Show!  This year it will take place on March 9-10, once again at Vesper Hall in Blue Springs, Missouri.

 
This will be my 4th time exhibiting at this show, and I am hopeful that it will be a good one this year.  Last year I was blessed to have been awarded 2nd Best of Show for The Artist, my self-portrait.  And as icing on the cake, I was very happily surprised to have won the 1st place People's Choice award for my other painting in the show, my rendition of Velázquez' Juan de Pareja. 
So, this year I am really hoping for another great experience!  And part of that is up to you!  I would just like to remind everyone to come out on that Saturday, March 9th, so you can vote for the People's Choice, which will be awarded later that evening with the rest of the awards.
 
In other news in my little art world... I have also been blessed with the opportunity to teach my first workshop at GotArt Gallery in Lee's Summit.  It will be an 8-week workshop starting mid-March, and will focus on the timeless art of classical drawing.  We'll be doing Bargue plates, cast drawing, Master copies, figure, portrait, and more.  It's going to be so awesome and fun!  More information will be coming soon!
 
Also be on the lookout for an invite to another show coming up in April at Images Gallery in Overland Park, Kansas.  I'm not yet registered for it, but will let everyone know as soon as I am, and if/when I am accepted into the show!
 
More to come...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment