Saturday, November 2, 2013

New work and announcements

It's been pretty busy lately in the studio, and I'm loving every minute of it.  My portrait painting class is doing so well, and we're all having an awesome time.  I truly feel in my element with it.  We have 3 weeks left and we're getting ready to start alla prima painting, which I am excited for!  And hopefully my students will be as well, especially those that like a more loose and spontaneous form of painting that exploits the abstract qualities of oil. 

This week I did a new portrait called Flamenco Dancer, and just finished it today.  It was basically a 3-day project, and I'm looking forward to showing it soon.

Flamenco Dancer
oil on canvas
20x16 inches
Speaking of showing work, I have a couple of show announcements to share that I am also really excited about.  The first is coming up later this month at Got Art Gallery in Lee's Summit.  It's the Seasonal/Holiday show featuring Summit Art artists, and goes from November 18 until January 7.  I'll have at least two pieces showing, and possibly more depending on how many artists respond to the show call.


I do have another show announcement to make that I am overwhelmed with excitement about, but will save that for its own blog post.. it's a big one!
But getting back to the portrait classes... I am really really wanting to expand it and go another 6 weeks after I'm done with this first 6-week period which ends November 19.  I am thinking hopefully I'll be able to start up again in January after Christmas and New Year's are done.. that crazy time of year.  But there is already interest in it from some folks, so I'll take it as a good sign that I can get it going.  I hope I can.
If anyone... ANYONE.. is interested or knows of someone who might be interested in taking the class with me, please send me a message at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com.  Obviously, Kansas City area residents only.. unless you really want to commute every week from wherever.

That's all for now.. and again stay tuned for my other show announcement, and of course more art!

No comments:

Post a Comment