Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Attention Parents of High School Students!

Hi everyone!

So a little while ago, I mentioned a little project that I'll be doing very soon.  And I said that it had the potential to expand into multiple projects.

Well today, I wanted to share that project with you.  I have recently been commissioned by a wonderful family at my church to paint a high school senior portrait for their son, a young man named Mason.  As it turns out, they're going to be doing this as an alternative to having a typical senior photo session.  So in the next couple of weeks, I'm going to have Mason sit for me while I paint his portrait from life.  I am so excited about it!  I can't begin to tell you how fun this will be... at least for me!  Hopefully Mason won't get horrendously bored sitting there.

So when I received this commission, I started thinking to myself what a brilliant idea this was.  And it wasn't even mine.  It was so brilliant, that I want to take this opportunity to extend it to ALL you parents out there of high school students, particularly seniors or those about to become seniors.  If you are wanting an alternative to having senior photo sessions with your son or daughter, then I would encourage you to allow me to give you that alternative with an original senior portrait painted by yours truly.
Of course, many of you have seen my most recent portrait of Abbey.  She is a senior this year, and I can't even tell you what a joy it was to paint this piece:

Portrait of Abbey
oil on linen
20x16 inches
2014

Although Abbey's piece was not a commission, hopefully you can see how it still serves as an example of how much I love painting portraits, and how much joy, hard work and effort I would put into your son or daughter's portrait.  Here are a few more samples of recent portraits I have done:

Portrait study
oil on canvas
14x11 inches
2014

Tori
oil on canvas
14x11 inches
2014
And with the permission of Mason's parents, I'll be posting his portrait once it is complete.  I hope some of you other parents will take me up on this offer!  Even if your son or daughter is not a senior yet, I would still love to talk with you about having their portrait painted sometime!  If you are in the Kansas City  area, please contact me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com for more details about canvas sizes, pricing, and everything else involved.  I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment