Wednesday, November 12, 2014

News from the Studio, 11/12/14

Greetings everyone!

Today I have a long-overdue update for you all.  So we'll just do this numerically to make it easy.

1.  Mason's senior year portrait is done.  It's varnished and framed, and is awaiting delivery to the family.  That will happen very soon, and once it does, I will do a special feature blog on it.  It looks great, and I am sure the family will love it!  Again, I am still open for commissions to paint your son or daughter's senior portrait!  Please contact me for details.  It will be worth your while!

2.  Since completing Mason's portrait, I have been doing smaller nature/landscape pieces.  Just little studies on 8x10 panels, but they look pretty decent.  I've been wanting to get better at nature painting for the past year or so, and I've done a couple more plein air pieces along with these.  Here are a few samples of what I've been up to lately:



 
I have about 10 or 11 of these panels so far, and I'm planning on doing more soon.  Hopefully I'll be able to have enough for a show at some point.  I don't have any more shows planned for 2014, but looking forward to the coming year!
 
3.  I just finished a new piece today.  Again, I'm branching out from the typical portrait paintings, and trying a few different things.  So I did a small street scene.  This is just a quaint little European street where the road is very narrow and buildings are right next to each other.  I just loved the composition here.

Hole in the Wall
oil on canvas
11x14 inches
2014
$425
4.  So I am planning on a mission trip to Mexico in March 2015, and I could really use some help!  The total cost will be close to $900, so in order for me to be able to comfortably pay for it, I obviously need to sell some work, and soon!  So now on my Ryan Delgado Art Facebook page, I have updated my "Paintings" photo album to include pricing information in the description of each painting (As I've done for the painting above).  If you haven't already, I invite you to "Like" my Facebook page and take a look for possible Christmas gifts for your loved ones, or perhaps a gift to yourself, which will ultimately help me out a lot!  Also, I have several new listings on my Ebay page as well.  For links to both pages, please see the Links just to the right of this page --------->>
 
That's about all the news for now.  Please stay tuned for more updates to come soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment