Tuesday, October 27, 2015

The Secret Place

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place.  When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, Your eyes saw my unformed body.  All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.  ~Psalm 139: 13-16

The very moment God thought of me.  That's when life began.

The Secret Place
oil on canvas
24x20 inches
2015

Why do we burden the unborn with the battle between life and death?  Between good and evil?  How could we stifle God's purpose for these souls before they ever have a chance to even know it, let alone fulfill it?  Why do we believe that our hands and our wills mightier than those of the Almighty God?  How could we ever know anything about the quality of life more than the One who breathed life into existence?

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment