Saturday, December 5, 2015

Every Knee Will Bow

Hi friends,

Today I finished up the latest piece for my God-Breathed series, and after about 3 weeks of work, I'm happy to reveal the results.  This one's called "Every Knee."

Every Knee (Philippians 2: 5-11)
oil on canvas
40x30 inches
2015
Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, 
but made Himself nothing, 
taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness.
And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled Himself and became obedient to death - even death on a cross!
Therefore, God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name above every name, 
that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and under the earth, 
and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Every single one of us will face our day of judgment before God.  It is certain that whether we believe in Jesus as Lord or not, we will ALL ultimately bow and confess that He is Lord (Isaiah 45:23, Romans 14:11).  Not a single one of us knows when it will happen.  We don't know when that day will come, but all I know is that I want to be ready.  I want to be able to stand before God with the comfort of knowing that Jesus owns me, and He was Lord of my life on earth, as He will be Lord of my eternal life in heaven.

That is a reality we can all have, simply by confessing we cannot live without Him, and that we need Him every hour.  The pride of living for ourselves is a small price to pay for an eternal life in Paradise.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment