Saturday, December 19, 2015

NOAPS Online International Exhibition Results

Hi friends,

Today I am so thankful and humbled to hear that of my three entries to the NOAPS Online International Exhibition, my painting The Blood of the Martyrs was accepted as a finalist!  To the Lord God be the glory!


Here is the official letter:

Dear Ryan Delgado:
Thank you for entering the 2015 Fall National Oil & Acrylic Painters’ Society (NOAPS) INTERNATIONAL ON-LINE Exhibition. The participation and quality of work submitted was excellent. NOAPS is pleased to inform you that your entry has been selected for the exhibit. The jurors had a very difficult job of selecting 150 paintings from the over 700 paintings entered.
Many of the paintings entered were EXCEPTIONAL and you can feel very proud and honored to have your work: The Blood of the Martyrs, Oil on canvas, 2014, accepted.
Your paintings will be proudly displayed on the NOAPS website: www.noaps.org.

As I've mentioned before, joining the National Oil and Acrylic Painters Society was already a big step for me, and it took me a year before I thought I was ready to do so.  And even when I did, I still wasn't sure I was good enough.  But now to have this acceptance to my first national competition, I am so thankful and looking forward to the Best of America Exhibition in the coming year.

The Blood of the Martyrs is my dedication to all the brothers and sisters in Christ - men, women, and children all over the world - who refused to deny the name of Jesus even in the face of their own persecution and death.  In Christ, they may lose their lives, but will gain eternity (Philippians 1:21).  They are the blessed disciples who truly understand they have nothing to lose in death.  And so they go willingly, sometimes with the name of Jesus literally and joyfully on their tongues and in their last breath just before they are executed.  There truly is joy in our suffering (Romans 5: 1-3).

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me will find it."
~Matthew 16: 24-25

No comments:

Post a Comment