Tuesday, March 22, 2016

God Breathed - Debut Exhibition April 1, 2016

Friends, I have been waiting for a while to finally get to this point.  I am happy to announce that part of my God Breathed series will be showing for the first time at Jones Gallery in Crossroads Kansas City, First Friday April 1st.

I say "part" of it because the series itself isn't even completed yet.  Also because there are some pieces only finished recently that are not ready for showing yet.  And also because it is possible that one or two pieces of the series will be showing elsewhere for another show in April.  But I do believe it is time to start showing them, and I am hoping to show as many as I can for this April First Friday opening.


I would highly encourage all my Kansas City friends - if ever there was a show opening of mine you would come to this year, I hope this will be it.  I am nervous and excited about all of these new paintings, and truly pray it goes over positively.  As many of you have seen, they are a pretty new direction in terms of my style and approach to painting, combining realism with abstraction with much bolder imagery than I've painted before.  And of course, every piece is painted in the name of Jesus with Scripture as its inspiration, to be shown publicly in a gallery full of individuals of different walks of life, but equally beloved of God.

Pray for me, friends.  That this may be a successful and worthwhile showing.  That Christ may be preached through my work.  That hearts may be stirred.

"And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
~Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment