Wednesday, April 6, 2016

News from the Studio 4/6/16

Hello friends,

I thought today would be a good day for an update on what's happening, and what's been happening from the studio and beyond.

My showing for the God Breathed paintings at Jones Gallery for April was great.  There was a good crowd, and for the most part a lot of good feedback about the work.  My most recently sold piece is out of that series, called To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain.  The others seemed to be very well received, with a few viewers being rendered somewhat speechless, and others walking by as quickly as possible.  Overall, I was pleased by the response, and especially thankful for friends that came out to the show and took a moment to chat.  You guys made it great!


To Live is Christ, To Die is Gain
oil on canvas
2015
Me with the Webb Family, friends from church.
I am also happy to announce (officially) the Images Gallery Juried Exhibition is coming up, and I have 3 new paintings accepted into that show, including one out of the God Breathed series.  The show opens on Friday, April 15th with the reception from 6:00 - 9:00pm.  It runs through May 14th.  Please join me!


The next piece that I am working on will be in the painting stage very soon.  But just to give you an idea, here is the drawing study I have worked up for the figure.  This is #14 for God Breathed, and I plan to do one more after this to finish out the series.


With so much work that has gone into getting paintings ready for showing lately, I haven't had much more new work to get busy on, but now I am finally back in the studio and creating again.  I hope to have something good to show everyone as we get deeper into spring and summer.  New ideas for what's to come post-God Breathed series are brewing as I type this.  Stay with me!  There is more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment