Saturday, August 13, 2016

News from the Studio 8/13/16

Hello friends!

I'm back.  It doesn't seem like it to me, but I guess dates don't lie.  I haven't written any updates in 3 months, and for that I apologize.  So let me bring you all up to speed on what is new in the studio these days.

First of all, shows.  The Raytown Artists' Association show is coming up August 19-20th at St. Paul's Church of the Nazarene in Raytown, MO.  I always love doing this show and making it back to my ol' hood that is Raytown.  If you have a chance, I hope you can make it to the show.  It is located at 8500 E 80th Ter., and runs from 9:00am - 5:30pm on both days and is open to everyone.

And of course, there is my ongoing exhibition at Jones Gallery in Crossroads KC.  I am currently showing 24 pieces, which includes 12 out of my 15 God Breathed series.  I have been getting so much great feedback from viewers who have come out to see the show, and it has been such a blessing!  Thank you to all that have seen the show, and have expressed such a positive response.  It means the world to me!

In addition to those paintings, I also have a number of small works available at Jones Gallery as well.  These are matted oil paintings on Arches oil paper.  They are available for $100 each, and I will have more to come for First Friday, September 2nd.



I am also hoping to be doing some live plein air painting for September First Friday as well.  I did it back in June and loved it.  It's always great when people walk up and start watching.  Here's a little peek at what I did in June:



The summer has been full of different adventures.  I haven't been able to work as much as I usually do because of a couple of mission trips I did right here in KC with the youth ministry of my church.  Both were great, and now that the summer is winding down, I am getting back to a more consistent, routine schedule of work.  And that includes work on a new series of paintings.

I introduced the new series a couple of blog posts ago, but didn't say much about it yet.  I will have a full blog post about it coming very soon.  The new series is called Light Up The Darkness, and I already have a start on it.  It comes right out of God Breathed, as it features a particular figure from my painting called The Crusader.  But this series is not meant to be a God Breathed part 2 or anything.  My hope is that it will be something altogether set apart from the previous painting series.  Again, more to come later, but here is a drawing study for one of the paintings in the series:


More on Light Up The Darkness to come later!  God bless you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment