Here is the latest from the studio:
- If you haven't seen yet, I have begun to revive my YouTube channel with new video content. I am hoping to keep it up on a more regular basis, and I already have a long list of ideas for upcoming vlogs. They are simply going to be on a variety of things including tips and techniques, art history, demos, and discussions about various art topics. I'm also planning on including video trips to the Nelson-Atkins museum and First Fridays in the Crossroads in KC. It's going to be an adventure! If you missed my first video, check it out on my previous post. And please go and subscribe to my YouTube channel! My next vlog is called "What Inspires Me?" and will be posted very soon.
- I am busy working on a new series of paintings called Imago Dei. My previous series Light Up The Darkness is on hiatus for now. I intend to return to it sometime, but a creative wave of inspiration (speaking of) came over me and led me to this new series of figurative pieces. Many of these paintings are going to be nudes or partial nudes, and I have written about my thoughts on nude paintings before on this blog. My thought is simply this: A nude painting should be more than just a depiction of the body, unless it is an academic piece or a study. Like any work of art, what is its statement? For this series, I am painting what I believe to be the beauty of God's ultimate creation - the fearfully and wonderfully made human being. But unlike the classical works of the past that saw the human being and his form as being god-like itself, my paintings for this series are going to incorporate an element of distortion. This represents the fact that although we are God's ultimate creation and beautifully made in His image, we are still in an imperfect state. As a result of original sin, we as humans are not yet who we were originally meant to be. For me, this series is an exciting exploration of that tension of being perfectly made, yet living imperfect lives.
oil on canvas
oil on canvas
oil on linen
oil on linen
oil on linen
- The National Oil and Acrylic Society (NOAPS) has offered what sounds to be an amazing opportunity for its members, and I am hoping to be selected for it. The RS Hanna Gallery in Fredericksburg, Texas is going to be representing 60 NOAPS members from September through December, 2017. Selected artists will be showing 3-5 works at the gallery for those four months, and will apparently have a large amount of First Friday and tourist traffic during that time. The gallery will be promoting the exhibition through some major nationwide art publications and other media. One of my goals for this year is to finally seek gallery representation outside of the Kansas City area, and I figured this would be a great opportunity to start trying. So if you would please pray and wish me well on this opportunity, I would appreciate it!
- Hey! One thing I have failed to promote much at all are my current listings on Ebay. I have 24 original paintings from the past few years listed, many of which are smaller works. Please check them out! They are among the lowest priced paintings I have available. The link to my Ebay is under the "Links" to the left side of this page.
- My Go Fund Me campaign is still going! Again, please consider a donation to help me out with my medical expenses. Truly, every little amount with which you are able to help me out is a burden lifted, and I appreciate it all. Plus, there just might be a painting in it for YOU! Please check out my Go Fund Me page, and share it with everyone you know! https://www.gofundme.com/ryans-bogus-gallbladder-journey
That's all the news for now. Please stay tuned for my next YouTube vlog on inspiration, and for new works coming soon!