Friday, June 23, 2017

YouTube Vlog #7 - Library Tour Part I: Techniques of Genius

Hello again,

Today I posted my first vlog in a series on my collection of art books.  In each video, I will be discussing one or two books out of my library, and how they have been resourceful in my art career.  In this first one, I have two that I'm sharing - One on Velázquez, and the other on Rembrandt.  But these aren't typical books about their work.  They also get into their technique, and give us insights into their painting process, and how they thought visually.

 Knowing art history is more than simply knowing about the lives and works of old masters.  Being familiar with how these masters worked can help us immensely when it comes to developing our own technique.  Hope you all find this vlog helpful, and if you get a chance, be sure to check out these books for yourself!


No comments:

Post a Comment