Saturday, July 22, 2017

News from the Studio 7/22/17

Hi friends, here is the latest from my studio:


  • In case you haven't seen my announcement on Facebook, I was accepted for the RS Hanna Gallery representation for their Fall Showcase from September 1st - December 31st!  I got the notification late in June, and I have been incredibly busy getting ready for the show since then.  I would truly appreciate your prayers as I get ready for the exhibition.  I've been a little stressed and overwhelmed by all of it, and just hoping that it is a worthwhile thing.  Plus, I am planning on making the trip down there in Fredericksburg, TX for the September 1st opening.  All of the expenses and preparation have been a lot of work (and money), but I'm hopeful for a good outcome from this experience.  
  • To be honest, that is pretty much all the news from the studio I have.  But I have also just posted the latest Vlog #10 on YouTube, where I talk a little bit about the RS Hanna exhibition, and I get one of my paintings ready for the show with a varnishing and a frame.  Here is the latest vlog from the studio:


  • I am planning on showing a few new pieces from my series called Imago Dei at Jones Gallery for the August 4th First Friday, so if you are in the Kansas City area, I hope you will come on out to the gallery and say hello.  I'm really hoping this new series of figure paintings will have some positive responses.  I am hoping to get 2 or 3 at Jones Gallery for August.  I am sending 2 of them to RS Hanna for the September opening.  Here are the latest in the series:
Tormenta
oil on canvas
36x24 inches

Cocoon
oil on canvas
24x20 inches

Helix
oil on canvas
20x16 inches

  • Keep tuning in to my YouTube channel for upcoming vlogs!  I still have plenty of ideas to come soon, including more from my art library, First Friday vlogs, my RS Hanna journey, and other vlogs with tips and techniques for all you oil painters out there.  Please check out my channel and subscribe!  http://www.youtube.com/c/ryandelgadoart

More to come soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment