Sunday, November 12, 2017

News from the Studio 11/12/17

Hello my friends,

We are just under a week away from the National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society Small Works Exhibition at Cathy Kline Art Gallery in Parkville, Missouri!



I have one painting in the show, called "Overcast Day", and it will be available for purchase at the gallery through the end of the year.  Please contact Cathy Kline at 913-449-4460 or info@cathyklineartgallery.com to inquire about purchasing.

Overcast Day
oil on panel
8x10 inches
Available at Cathy Kline Art Gallery, Parkville, MO
I am so honored to also have the opportunity to do a painting demonstration at the NOAPS Small Works show.  I will be joining my friends Adam and Andrea Clague on Saturday, November 18th at Cathy Kline Art Gallery, and the 3 of us will be doing painting demonstrations from 11:00 am until 3:00 pm.  Join us!



I will also be recording my demo as I did at the NOAPS exhibition in Fredericksburg, TX and posting it to YouTube.  Stay tuned, and if you missed my demo from RS Hanna Gallery, you can view it right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZozySJcJyus

And speaking of Fredericksburg, my work is also available for purchase at RS Hanna Gallery through the end of the year.  To see my available pieces, click here:  http://www.rshannagalleries.com/National_Oil_and_Acrylic_Painters_Society_2017.html

Please contact Shannon Hanna at RS Hanna Gallery at 830-307-3071 or Shannon@RSHannaGallery.com to inquire about purchasing.

I have been working on some new YouTube videos to be posted soon.  My latest will be a first in a small series of videos on drawing, and a few important lessons on understanding some the fundamental principles of representational drawing.  This first video will be about drawing the value sphere, and what exactly the importance of the exercise is (so you don't think it's just an arbitrary and meaningless exercise in drawing a ball).  I will also be recording videos on portrait drawing, drawing with toned paper, and the benefit of master copies.  Stay tuned, I've been busy but I fully intend on doing videos on all of those topics.  It just might take a while!

I am currently working on a few different paintings.  One landscape piece, and a rare still life effort.  Rare for me, anyway.  Here is the latest piece I finished recently of a view of Galilee, returning to my Holy Land-inspired pieces:

Galilee
oil on linen
10x20 inches
2017

I am hoping this painting will be available soon in a small exhibition that Cathy Kline herself invited me to participate in at her church.  More information on that will be available soon!

That is all the news I have for now.  Please visit my Facebook Page to see more of my work, and contact me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com for more information or to inquire about purchasing other works.

No comments:

Post a Comment