Wednesday, January 10, 2018

News from the Studio 1/10/18

Time for a long overdue update from the studio!  So here is what has been going on, and what to look forward to:

-The National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society Small Works show at Cathy Kline Gallery in Parkville, MO is still happening.  I am happy to say it has been extended through the end of January, so there is still time to check it out!  I have two paintings available - my accepted piece for the show called Overcast Day, and my yet-to-be titled demo painting that I did live at the opening reception.

Overcast Day
Oil on panel
8x10

Untitled (Painting demo, 11/18/17)
Oil on linen
9x12
-Here are a few pictures I took of the show:











-The NOAPS Small Works show runs through the end of January.  Please check it out before it ends, and contact Cathy Kline at her gallery to inquire about purchasing either of my pieces.  You can reach her at 913-449-4460 or info@cathyklineartgallery.com

-I am also showing my first new exhibition of 2018 through the end of January at KC Skyline Realty in the Kansas City Crossroads Arts District, located at 1724 Main Street.  The show is called Scenes of Creation, and is my first solo show of exclusively landscape and nature paintings.  I also did a painting demonstration at the First Friday opening, January 5th.  Here is a look at that show:







-I currently have 16 paintings available at this show.  For more information about my Scenes of Creation show, please contact me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com. 

-I've been on a bit of a YouTube hiatus lately, but will be returning with some new vlogs soon.  Something about that small works show and the holiday season that has kept me from recording.  Please stay tuned for more content.  By the way, I also want to thank all of my new subscribers on YouTube from 2017.  I hope you will be patient as I prepare for new content. 

-So I am kicking off 2018 with somewhat of a different project.  I am working on a series of drawings that will be available soon.  I've had conversations before about drawings, and their function as far as my work goes.  Up until now, I have done drawings as nothing more than sketches and studies for paintings, and I typically file them away after the paintings are done.  But I've never done any series of finished drawings as final works in themselves... until now.  So here are a few of the drawings I've done, that will hopefully be in shows and galleries soon in 2018:

Stretch
charcoal
14x11

Skull
charcoal
14x11

Slumber
graphite
9x12

Cast
charcoal
12x9 
Infanta Margarita (after Velázquez)
charcoal
14x11


Splash
graphite and oil
14x11

Living Water
charcoal and white chalk
12x9
-I am also currently looking at shows for 2018, and the following are all pending, but the top priorities:
-Blue Springs Fine Art Show, Blue Springs MO, March 3-4
-Images Gallery Juried Exhibition, Overland Park KS, Dates TBA
-NOAPS Best of America Small Works, Nashville TN, April 30 - May 26
-RAA Invitational, Raytown MO, August 17-18
-NOAPS Best of America, Cincinnati OH, Dates TBA
-State of the Arts Exhibition, Prairie Village KS, October 1-31

I am not 100% certain on all of the dates, but given when these shows typically fall on the calendar, I'm making an educated guess on their accuracy for this year.  As usual, I also have work available at Jones Gallery in the Crossroads KC Arts District, and greatly encourage and appreciate visitors and collectors to check those works out anytime.  You can typically find me there on First Fridays of the month.

-That's it for now.  Please stay tuned for more, and be sure to "Like" and watch my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/ryandelgadoart, and you can also see my work on Instagram @ryandelgadoart.  More to come later!


No comments:

Post a Comment