Tuesday, January 22, 2019

YouTube Vlog: First Works of 2019 - Grisaille

The latest YouTube vlog is posted, and features the completion of the grisaille layer on one of my new works in progress.  Here is the newest video:


Today I finished the grisaille on the second piece, and it was quite the uphill battle.  The next vlog will feature that process.  After painting so much gray, I am ready to get into color as soon as I can!  Here is a first look at the finished grisaille for the second piece:


I can still see a few adjustments that need to be made and issues to resolve, but I will be able to make those adjustments as I move into the first color stage.  At that point, I'll be able to do more refinement with edges, and additional work with values.  As this grisaille dries, the values will go slightly darker, so I will have to brighten the lights as I work with color. 

Until then, I hope you all are enjoying this process.  And with the weather we've been having lately, it's been a perfect opportunity to spend time in the studio and to record it all for you.  Stay tuned as we move into the first color stage next!


No comments:

Post a Comment