Friday, March 1, 2019

News from the Studio 3/1/19

Hello friends,

In spite of the horrendously bitter winter we've had here, the work must go on.  So here's what's been going on:

  • Actually, for the most part you've already been seeing what has been going on.  With my latest series of YouTube vlogs, I showed you all the first two works of 2019, which are now completed.  I moved on from there to complete a new wintery landscape painting.  The thing is, I have footage of it recorded, but I have yet to edit it and put the video together.  I will likely piece together the footage of the whole process into one video, but it will take some time.  Meanwhile, here's a look at the finished painting, which I am happy to say has already sold right off the easel (a first for me!)

Serenata de Invierno (Winter Serenade)
oil on linen
18x24"



  • I will also be showing at the Blue Springs Fine Art Show this weekend, March 2-3, at Vesper Hall in Blue Springs, MO.  This is my 10th time doing the Blue Springs show.  Unfortunately, the weather here in the KC area is once again looking pretty bad for Sunday the 3rd.  So it's likely your best chance to catch the show is tomorrow, March 2nd.  The show will be open from 10am-5pm.  And for you brave souls venturing out on Sunday, the show will be open from 11am-4pm.  I have two works showing - Contemplating Heaven and What is Unseen.  Both are available for sale.  Hope you can check them out this weekend!

Contemplating Heaven
oil on panel
12x9"

What is Unseen
oil on linen
20x16"

  • Aside from a portrait commission that I'll be starting next week, I am in between projects.  But I am working on some studies, and looking in a slightly new direction for upcoming works.  I'll be talking a little more about it in a later post, and in future YouTube vlogs.  It boils down to trying to loosen up with some more alla prima-style works.  Here are a couple of small studies I've completed recently:

 

And as always, stay tuned for more soon...






No comments:

Post a Comment