Tuesday, April 2, 2019

News from the Studio 4/2/19

Hello friends and happy spring.  Here is the latest from the studio:

  • It's been almost a year since I last had any work down in the Crossroads in KC, but this Friday I am making a return for the 12th Annual Contemporary Figurative Exhibition taking place at Hilliard Gallery.  I actually discovered this show last year, but it was too late for me to enter it.  So I vowed I would be in it this year.  Sure enough, I have two pieces in the show, which runs from First Friday, April 5th until May 31st.  The two pieces I have in the show are The Sleeper and See.  
See
oil on canvas
30x24"

The Sleeper
oil on canvas
14x20"
  • The Blue Springs Fine Art Show was yet another good success for my work.  What is Unseen received the 3rd place portrait award, while Contemplating Heaven received the 2nd Best of Show award and was displayed at the local Blue Springs north branch of the Mid Continent Library through the end of March.



A Mist in the Air
oil on panel
6x8"
  • I recently finished a commissioned portrait, and now I have new work in progress, and will be working all through spring and summer to get more new pieces finished in time for the next NOAPS deadline for the Best of America exhibition in the fall.  I am hoping for good things this time.  I am taking my acceptance into the small works show as a good thing, but there are no guarantees, of course.  In addition, I am planning on much more plein air practice as the weather gets warmer.  This has been a long time coming, and I'm looking forward to a brand new challenge that will get me beyond the walls of my studio, and hopefully give me new and exciting opportunities as a painter.  While I have done plein air painting plenty of times before, it has never been a strength or a consistent practice for me.  Hopefully that will change.
  • Here is a peek at my latest work in progress, to be titled For Your Hand to Take Me Away.

  • I am also looking forward to recording some new videos for YouTube soon, including a look at this new painting and others to come.  Stay tuned for more!



No comments:

Post a Comment