Thursday, February 25, 2016

News from the Studio 2/25/16

Greetings friends of art!

I have quite a bit to update, I realize.  First of all, let's get to some upcoming shows:

Blue Springs Art League Show - March 5th and 6th, Vesper Hall, Blue Springs, MO.  I've lost count, but I think this is my 6th or 7th year doing this show.  For those interested, I hope to see you there!  Hours of the show are March 5th from 10:00am - 5:00pm, and March 6th from 11:00am - 4:00pm.

Images Juried Exhibition - April 15th - May 14th, Images Art Gallery, Overland Park.  I haven't officially been accepted into this show yet.  If I am accepted, more info to come!

First Fridays at Jones Gallery - Every First Friday of the month, Jones Gallery, Crossroads Kansas City, MO.  If you haven't been by this gallery recently, I hope you'll stop by any First Friday from 6-9pm to say hi and see my work.  New pieces will be on display and available soon, including from my recent God Breathed series!  Here's a small glimpse of what I have showing now:



Beyond those shows, I am preparing myself for my first national exhibition this year through the National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society's Best of America exhibition.  I'm currently deciding on which pieces to enter, and I will certainly keep updates on this show coming.  The show itself is going to take place from September 3rd - October 3rd at Addison Art Gallery in Orleans, Massachusetts.  One piece I know in particular that I'm entering is this one, also going to Blue Springs next week:

All Who Are Thirsty
oil on canvas
2015
Speaking of the God Breathed series, I am getting close to wrapping it up soon.  I'm hoping to get 15 altogether, and I am currently working on #12.  Here is a little preview of it, as it is in progress:


This one is still in its dead color stage, and will hopefully be finished sometime in the coming week.  I have a thought for the next painting after this one, and hopefully it will turn out well.  The above painting will be called Frail.

A little while ago, I finished a follow-up painting to The Crusader, which I posted in the previous blog post.  Using the same figure, I did this piece called The Narrow Gate.  It is possible that I may create a few more in the future featuring this mysterious Crusader figure.  Not that I'm one to create "characters" necessarily, I kind of have some thoughts about where I could go and what I could do with this figure in future paintings.  Who knows, a series stemming from another series?  Anything is possible.

The Narrow Gate (Matthew 7: 13-14)
oil on linen
24x18 inches
2016
As spring and summer get here, I am thinking of doing a series of plein air pieces, which will hopefully include a bit of traveling around.  In addition to painting around my area in Kansas City, I'm hoping to go on a few day trips south to Springfield/Ozark area in Missouri to paint.

Stay tuned for more news to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment