Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Reviving Ebay

Starting this week (Monday, 4/20 to be exact), I began posting some paintings to Ebay once again.  So here's the idea:

It's been some years since I had anything on Ebay.  It just got to be to the point where nothing was selling, and I got tired of relisting stuff.  But lately, I've been wanting to get back on and see if I could make a few extra dollars with some old and new paintings.

What's fun to note is that I got my start as a full time professional by making a few small still life paintings and listing them on Ebay.  This was in 2009, I think.  I started out with about 5 or 6 paintings that were completed relatively quickly, and then I put them on Ebay for about $50 each.  Turns out, there were people who liked them, and some of them even got multiple bids.  I ended up selling all of them, and realized I needed to get busy making more.

Fast forward 11 years, and I've managed to sell major pieces to a few loyal collectors, and I've had work in a number of galleries and shows locally and nationally.  None of it has been easy, and it still continues to be a huge challenge.  But one thing I've realized is that it also feels a bit exclusive.  After all, not everyone can afford to collect fine art.  So I've decided to try something that I hope can benefit everyone, including myself.

For the next several weeks, I am posting some of my older paintings on Ebay for some nice, budget-friendly prices for anyone to enjoy.  I will also be working on brand new pieces very soon that will be exclusively for Ebay.  They are all going to be small works, no larger than 11x14", and I will be completing them using inexpensive but good quality materials that I am familiar with and have used before.  However, they won't necessarily be my top-of-the-line professional materials that I use in my typical gallery work.  I am also limiting completion time of each painting to around 3 hours, start to finish.  My hope is to complete a lot of pieces in a relatively short amount of time, and price them low for Ebay auctions - Starting bids at $50 or less.

I hope you will check out my Ebay page and consider bidding on my available pieces.  As I said, there are some already listed, and there will be more to come soon.  

Please visit my page https://www.ebay.com/usr/ryandart to see the list and bid.  And be sure to keep watching for new listings and re-listings of pieces that don't sell during their auction period.

Thanks to everyone for your support!


No comments:

Post a Comment