Tuesday, July 20, 2021

New Painting + Upcoming YouTube Video??

Hello everyone,

I recently finished a little 11x14" alla prima painting.  I enjoyed my previous waterfall piece so much that I did another.

I also just happened to record this painting on video, and I'm in the process of editing it down as a time lapse video for YouTube.  It's been nearly two years since I last published anything on my YouTube channel, and I'm hoping I can do a little more on there soon (as I've frequently said over the past year or so).  The thing that's kept me away for so long is simply the amount of time and work that goes into editing and uploading, not to mention even recording for that matter.  I do enjoy it, but it's so time consuming, and the perfectionist in me doesn't help matters.

But for this one, I'm planning on taking the video down to about 15 minutes and recording a voice over commentary.  Shouldn't be too much work, right?  I guess we'll see.

Here is a little screen shot of the video, along with the finished piece below:


Split Falls
oil on linen, 11x14"
Available for purchase, inquire at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com

Altogether, the painting took around 2.5 hours.  It is available for purchase, and as always you may message me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com to inquire.  I am hoping to publish the video in the next week or so.  Depending on how perfect I need it to be.  I haven't decided what the commentary will be about... if it will be strictly narrative about what I'm doing in the painting, or if I'll cover broad topics in oil painting.  Possibly a combination of both, but there's a whole lot I could cover and only 15 minutes worth of video.  So it will be abbreviated as the video itself is.

Stay tuned, and if you would like to check out my YouTube page, please visit and Subscribe here:  https://www.youtube.com/c/RyanDelgadoArt



No comments:

Post a Comment