Sunday, April 15, 2012

Ecce Homo

I had an idea yesterday for a painting based off of one of my recent figure studies.  So I did the study again, along with a few anatomical studies.  Hopefully this will make its way to a canvas within the next few days.

Study for "Ecce Homo" (or "For the Sake of His Sorrowful Passion")
graphite and conté on toned paper
2012
I got a little carried away with the drawing... it's a bit overdone and redone.  I was going back and forth and making quite a few corrections and revisions, and honestly overthinking out the details of the figure.  It was around 8:30 tonight (after about 3 or 4 hours of drawing) when I finally had to remind myself that it's just a study.  But it's a fairly decent idea of what I have in mind.  I have a few more studies to do before I get started on the canvas.  That will be my objective this week, and hopefully by the end of the week, I will be ready to start painting.
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment