Tuesday, February 13, 2018

New Drawings

Hey friends,

Well, the Facebook Nudie Nazis have struck again, and they've blocked me for 24 hours from posting anything because of a drawing that I posted. 

Yes, a drawing.  Now for those of you paying attention, a drawing is pretty much universally accepted by civilization as a work of artistic expression that depicts or represents something in nature.  According to Facebook's Community Standards (which are a really really bad joke), such representations of nature are acceptable content for posting, even if they depict any amount of nudity.  However, once again in a strange twist of irony, Facebook has managed to be in violation of their own Community Standards by claiming that I am in violation of their Community Standards... when in fact I am not.  But since there is no effective way of rebutting these bogus claims, I have to sit and take it.

But the good news is, I can post my drawings to my blog!  I seriously don't take full advantage of this lovely cyber space of mine as I should.

So without further ado, here is the drawing in question that got me blocked this evening:

Long Pose
charcoal on paper
19x12 inches
2018
I honestly didn't have that much confidence in this drawing when I finished it, but if Facebook thinks it good enough to warrant blocking it as such a horrible display of shameless, filthy, tasteless nudity, I suppose I'll wear that as a badge of honor.  Personally, I thought it was just a drawing.  Organized marks of charcoal on a piece of paper... blocked from social media as if I did something wrong by posting it. 

It wasn't even the only drawing I had planned on posting on Facebook tonight.  I have another that I'd like to share, and it probably would not have made matters any better for me.  But I appreciate all of my admirers and followers of my work.  So for you, I'd like to share it as well:

From Above
graphite and white chalk on paper
9x6 inches
2018
I did a version of this pose before, but I was a bit unsatisfied with it.  So I did it again on a much smaller scale, and I'm considerably more pleased with this piece.  These two drawings are a continuation of my series of charcoal and graphite works.

Thank you for reading my anti-Facebook rant.  What can I do... it's the easiest and one of the most effective self-marketing tools for my work that I have.  I hate that I'm enslaved to it, but hopefully there will come a day where I'm successful enough to no longer need a Facebook page for my work.

Perhaps this Lenten season is just the right time to seek out new avenues for promoting my work... or improve already existing ones.  More on that later.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment