Friday, January 15, 2021

Small Paintings Galore!

The new year is well underway, and I have some thoughts and plans for 2021 that will hopefully start coming to fruition soon.  

As it stands now, I don't have any upcoming shows to announce.  Normally, I'd be announcing the Blue Springs Fine Art Show right about now, but it doesn't seem as though it's happening this year (at least I haven't heard anything).  So until we can finally get back to normal after coronavirus has stopped ruining our lives, the task continues of figuring out creative ways of getting my work in front of your eyes.

Lately, I've been working on a bunch of new small pieces, mainly 6x6 linen panels.  But I've compiled some other small works from the past year or two that I will be selling on Ebay.  These will not be the same $30-50 paintings I was selling last summer.  These are crafted from my professional, archival  materials and will be sold framed and ready to hang.  I am keeping them small for ease of shipping, and so that I can offer FREE shipping as well.  

Here's a peek at some of the small pieces I have so far:


It is possible that not all of these will be offered on Ebay, as I might submit them for shows.  Here is one that I am particularly fond of that I will likely enter for NOAPS BOA Small Paintings Exhibition:

Still #2
oil on linen
8x6"

"Stillness" is a series that I am getting into that simply has to do with tranquility and silence.  I did a small painting in 2017 called "Still" which remains one of my favorite small portrait pieces, and I want to continue with a small series of images that are similar in nature.  No matter how many times I enjoy creating bold, provocative images in my work, I always seem to feel God directing me back to stillness and simplicity, and His words "Be still, and know I am God" speaking to me.  And if ever there was a need for stillness, it is in our current time.

As always, I have more to come, and you can rest assured as I spend less time on Facebook I will be updating this blog more often with new work, announcements, and all kinds of other great things.

Be sure to follow me on Instagram @ryandelgadoart

As soon as Parler is back, please follow me @RyanDArt

For inquiries, purchasing, etc., please message me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment