Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Important Studio Update 1/13/21

Hello friends,

I wanted to give an important update regarding the future of my Ryan Delgado Art page on Facebook.

I have been spending less and less time every day on Facebook because I have reached the point where I can no longer stand to keep logging on to my account.  It seems that Facebook has doubled down, and managed to reach new lows each and every day on the censorship of speech and expression by deleting pages and silencing ideas.  In addition, I don't think I even have to mention the fact that many artists have had their work censored over the years, myself included.  I am appalled at the behavior and direction that Mark Zuckerberg has taken this platform, not to mention the extreme division in the country that has made Facebook a completely toxic place to be.  I want no part of it anymore.

However, it isn't so easy to just delete my Facebook page and be done with it.  I wish somehow I could take my friends, supporters, and clients that appreciate and follow my work with me.  But I haven't figured out how to do that.  That is, to direct each of you to another platform where you are readily able to see my work, updates, show announcements, etc. and stay connected as you have been through Facebook.  I would direct you to join Parler and follow my account again, however, Parler has been completely shut down to EVERYONE in another coordinated attempt by Apple, Google, and Amazon to shut down speech.

So I am left uncertain of what to do.  But I can tell you that my days on Facebook are indeed numbered.  Once I have determined what my next step will be, I will be letting all of my Facebook followers know.  In the meantime, please consider the following alternatives to stay in the loop and to continue following my work:

*I will be making many more frequent updates here on my blog.  Please bookmark my home page and stay connected here!

*Please join and follow me on Instagram @ryandelgadoart

*If and when Parler is back in business, please join and follow me @RyanDArt

*As always, please message me at ryandelgadoart@gmail.com for inquires on my work, shows, etc.

Thank you, everyone.  Please stay tuned for more!

-Ryan


No comments:

Post a Comment