Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Classical Drawing Workshop - March 16 - May 4

For those of you in the Kansas City area, I wanted to invite you to join me for an 8-week workshop in the wonderful art of classical drawing.  We're limiting the workshop to 12 students, so I hope you will sign up soon!  Go to http://gotartgallery.org/the-gallery/classes-and-workshops/workshops/ to see the details and to register.

In this 8-week workshop, we will immerse ourselves in some of the timeless principles and practices of the Old Masters. We will visit the basic fundamentals of line, shape, value, and form. Then, we will put those fundamentals to use through cast drawing, Master copying, drapery studies, and eventually figure and portrait drawing. Throughout the workshop, I will also conduct quick demonstrations of my technique, and talk about how the classical method, the Old Masters of the Renaissance and Baroque, and new Masters of today have influenced my work.

Here's a sampling of some recent drawings I've done:

Figure study - woman with a pistol
graphite
2013

Figure study - man shivering
graphite
2013

Portrait studies
graphite
2012

No comments:

Post a Comment