Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Alla Prima #4 - Brunaille

I don't really have a title for this one yet, so for now we'll just call it Alla Prima in Brunaille.  This is the 4th alla prima, and I think I will make a series out of these since I kinda already have.  Each of these are small 14x11 inch portraits, and so far each one has focused on a certain principle or idea.  This one being in muted color, and mostly in burnt umber (en brunaille).  The previous one, Disheveled, is an example of a limited palette, also with muted colors.  The one before that, Lady in a Red Scarf, was a portrait showing the effect of chiaroscuro, or light-shadow contrast.  And the first one I did, just simply called Alla Prima Portrait (study) was one that demonstrated two light sources.  So basically, the shadows were right in the middle of the portrait. 
So anyway, I hope you like this one, and stay tuned for more to come!


Alla Prima in Brunaille
oil on canvas
14x11 inches
2013

No comments:

Post a Comment