Thursday, November 28, 2013

A peek at some new work...

Okay, so I've taken my own personal oath that I won't be showing any new work online until the Gamber Center Exhibition next year.  My hope is to give a little incentive for people to come out to the exhibition for some never-before-seen work.  So I'm staying true to that.  However, that doesn't mean I can't show off a few close-up details of new paintings I've been working on.  So here's a little peek:

Detail of "Intermission".  Oil on canvas, 28x22 inches.

Detail of "Man Wearing a Bear Fur Scarf".  Oil on canvas, 24x18 inches.

Detail of "Prayer in the Wilderness".  Oil on canvas, 24x20 inches.

So you'd think that I was dabbling with a bit of non-representational, modern-artsy abstract stuff... but I can assure you I am doing no such thing.  I wouldn't dream of it.  However, these really are close-ups of finished paintings that I've done recently, and ones that will be included in the Gamber Center.  I absolutely cannot wait for everyone to see them.. hopefully they'll rock your socks off.  Stay tuned for more little teasers like this.  I'll also have a few paintings soon that I'll actually be kind enough to fully show you.. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment