Wednesday, December 2, 2015

News from the Studio 12/2/15

Greetings friends, in the name of Christ.

It's about time for some updates from El Estudio Delgado.  So here we go:

I am still working on this series that I'm calling "God Breathed".  I haven't decided on how many pieces I will do, but I'm currently working on the 8th in the series to be titled Every Knee.  This is the largest of them all, and I'm working in the traditional manner of building up color in layers of glazing and scumbling.  So it will be a while before it's finished, but in the meantime, I'm working through a few other ideas and deciding how I want to go about work on the next one.  Here is the latest in-progress picture of the current one:


As I announced earlier, I am a new member of the National Oil and Acrylic Painters' Society, and I recently went ahead and took my first leap as a member by entering the latest Online International Competition.  Basically, it's a completely virtual exhibition, and I entered 3 paintings (well, digital pictures of my paintings).  I will be finding out later this month if any of my pieces made the final cut, which would be an honor in itself.  One of the paintings I entered is my favorite out of the "Convicted" series, called More Than This.

More Than This
oil on panel
10x8 inches
2015
For those interested in seeing my work in person, I am still showing as part of a group exhibition at Got Art Gallery in Lee's Summit for the Summit Art Winter Exhibition.  That show will be up through the rest of the year, and will be coming down January 3rd.  
I am also still showing at Jones Gallery in the Crossroads, in downtown Kansas City.  The next First Friday opening is coming up this week, December 4th from 5-9pm at the Gallery, 1717 Walnut.  

That's about all the news for now.  But check back again very soon for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment